The topic at the meeting this week was about busting through plateaus. Most plateaus are caused by lack of diligence. There was a check-list of things that could be causing a stall, and I went through those, identified the areas in which I'm struggling, and have come up with a plan to get back on track.
- Are you tracking everything? - I have to admit, I haven't been. I've been tracking everything until I'm out of points, but then I keep eating and don't log it. Starting today, if it goes into my mouth, it's going into my tracker, even if that means I go over my points. I know that if I'm committed to logging everything, I won't want to go over my points.
- Do you eyeball portions? - absolutely I do. I haven't put much of anything on the scale lately. The biggest culprit is the bag of potato chips. I would just grab the bag after dinner and eat until I thought I had eaten 2 servings. In reality, I was probably eating 3 or 4 servings, and then not counting it. Starting today, everything is going on the scale.
- Are you filling up on fruit? - fruit is healthy right? Yes, but it still has calories and in mass quantity can pack on the pounds. I'm pretty sure I haven't been eating too much fruit, but since it's zero points, I haven't been tracking it. Starting today, I will measure and track all of my fruit intake, just to make sure that I'm not going over board. I will also have to remind myself that serving is a half cup, or one small piece.
- Do you attend meetings every week? - Yes, religiously! Since I started on January 8th, I've only missed 3 meetings, and all 3 were because I was out of town. The power of the meeting is having the accountability. If you weigh on your own scale at home, but don't share it with anyone, then you're not accountable to anyone for how you are doing. You could also be tempted to not get on the scale since you don't have to. Knowing where you stand is the only way to stay on track. It's also a great place to get support, tips, and advice.
- Could you be overstimating your activity? - I can honestly say that I don't do this. I am very careful to only record what I legitimately do, and a lot of times I will underestimate since I know I will probably end up eating those points later.
- Do you follow the good health guidlines daily? - for my non-Weight Watcher folks, the good health guidlines include things such as liquid intake, fruit and veggie servings, dairy servings, activity, healthy oils, multivitamin, and activity. The goal is supposed to be to check these off each day, with different minimums for each. I have been very bad about meeting my GHG's over the last few months. Starting today, I will make every effort to get in my minimum GHG's every day. The one that will be the hardest will be getting in my 2 servings of dairy. I'm a bit lactose intolerant, and I generally don't put cheese on much because of the points. I think I'm going to make one of my daily snacks a piece of mozzarella string cheese wrapped in some lunch meat or dunked in some marinara or pizza sauce.
Starting Weight: 210.4
Current Weight: 191.4
Goal Weight: 130.0