Tuesday, July 5, 2011

No Soda - Day 5

So my last day of drinking soda was last Thursday, June 30.  I can honestly say, it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be.  Friday was rough because I started to get that caffeine headache around 2:30.  Saturday was really bad because I was craving soda.  I was not in a good mood.  But ever since then, it hasn't been a big deal at all!  I'm also happy to report that the only high-fructose corn syrup I've consumed was in a small amount of ketchup while out to eat Saturday and Monday morning.  This July diet may not be so bad after all.

Weigh-in was Saturday.  I was up 0.2 pounds.  I was expecting it though, I totally sabotaged myself on Friday.  I just couldn't get enough to eat on Friday night, and I think most of it was due to the caffeine headache.  The scale isn't being really friendly so far this week either, but I've been doing a lot of activity, and walked 6 miles yesterday.  I am super sore.  I know once I drop that water-weight everything will be ok.  I'm forcing down the water today, and I think I might go for a walk after work to try to work some of the soreness out.  I really need to walk the dog too.  I put her on the scale this weekend and she's at 36 pounds!  Yikes!  She should weigh about 28 pounds.  Looks like she's going on a diet as well!

I've been kind of stuck on the scale the last few months.  I know the reason.  I need to quit eating all of my weekly bonus points, and I need to start exercising.  I just haven't been ready to do either.  I'm really thinking about starting water aerobics again on Wednesdays.  I think part of the reason I quit going was because I felt like once a week wasn't enough, so why bother.  Stupid reasoning, I know.  Now I know that anything is better than nothing, and at this point, I'll take what I can get.  I've been doing this for 6 months and I've only lost 19 pounds.  Not exactly stellar.  We have a cruise coming up in about 8 months, and I would really like to drop some significant weight between now and then. 

I wish I could plunk down the $400 to re-hire my personal trainer.  I dreaded the training sessions because he made me throw up every single time, but they worked.  I lost a ton of inches last summer.  The only downfall was I didn't have control of my diet.  Had I been on Weight Watcher's then, I know I could have lost all kinds of weight.

Non-Scale Victory for the day: The guy at Planet Sub totally flirted with me today at lunch! :)

1 comment: