Friday, June 3, 2011

Unexpected Results

I got a bit of good news this week that we think is linked to my weight loss.  I had to go to the dentist Thursday morning.  I usually dread going to the dentist.  I seem to build up tarter really quickly so there is always a lot of scraping involved.  Well, when I sat down and opened my mouth yesterday morning, my hygienist was very suprised to see that I didn't have near as much build up as I normally do.  I haven't been taking care of my teeth any differently.  I told her that back in January I had joined Weight Watcher's and that my diet had changed.  Now I'm eating a lot more fruits and vegetables.  She said she's seen this happen before, and attributed my lack of tarter to my healthier diet. 

I was ecstatic! My entire appointment only took about half an hour, which I think is a new record for me in the dentist chair.  I really needed that non-scale victory, since this week has been mediocre at best.  I've been busy, and tired, and have just had a general lack of motivation. I haven't been tracking near as diligently as I should be, and that's reflecting on the scale.  What's done is done, and I'll have to face my fate on the scale tomorrow.  I'm determined to make next week a better week.  I need to have a better week next week so I have a good jump start heading into vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment