Friday, May 27, 2011

It Is What It Is...And It's Just Kind Of "Eh"

Ok, so I know it's been a while.  It's not that I've forgotten, or haven't wanted to write, I just haven't had any good subject material.  I'm still stuck in that place where this journey is not exciting any more.  It just is.  It's part of my every day, and that seems so boring to write about.  I haven't tried any new fantastic recipes.  I haven't done any great feats at the gym.  I haven't heard any inspirational quotes.  The scale has not been my friend lately, and I'm sick of stressing out about it and over-thinking it to death.  I just really haven't had any new material to share. 

Are any of my other Weight Watcher friends feeling like this?  I wouldn't say I'm bored by the experience, but I'm definitely not as enthusiastic as I used to be.  I guess that's a sign that it really is becoming a lifestyle.  I don't even have to log my food to know how many points I've packed in my lunch anymore.  I can just grab things off the shelf or out of the fridge and know that I'm staying within my points.  I do still track it by the way, because not tracking can lead to trouble. 

I haven't had any great news on the scale to share either.  In the last 4 weeks I've only lost a pound and a half.  I'm really hoping that I'll be down 2 tomorrow, but sometimes things don't like to cooperate come Saturday morning.  I really feel like I need to hit a big milestone this week to get me excited and get my head back in the game.  I'm so close to hitting 20 pounds as well as my 20%.  I can almost taste them.  But it's frustrating at the same time, because I thought I would have hit them by now.  My goal going into all of this was to average 1 pound a week.  That would have put me at 20 pounds this week, and my 10% next weekend.  Well, I'm sitting at 17.2 as of last Saturday.  I'm not down about the fact that I've lost 17.2 pounds.  That's awesome!  That's a little more than half the weight of my dog!  That's over a sack and a half of potatoes!  (Yeah, grab 2 10 pound bags of potatoes the next time you're at the grocery store and try to lug them around.  You'll see how good it feels to take that weight off.)  But right now I need a 5 pound sticker at meeting, or some other kind of recognition to perk me up a bit.

I really want to have a strong loss this week and next, because I'm going on vacation in June and will miss 2 weigh-ins.  Knowing how poorly I did when I went to Michigan for 2 days has me terrified of this 10 day vacation.  My husband and I are taking a road trip.  We are driving to Washington DC for 2 and a half days, then down to Jacksonville, NC for 3 and a half days, then back home.  We're going to spend approximately 40+ hours in the car during these 10 days.  I've been scouring the internet for ideas of how to "work-out" in the car.  I'm not having a lot of luck. (If you have any ideas - I don't care how crazy they sound - send them my way.)  We are also going to be eating a lot of meals out.  One good thing is we are staying at my husband's brother's house while we're in NC, but I still have no control over the cooking or what's being served.  We're also going to be doing a lot of walking while we're in DC.  I am really hoping that makes up for any of the crap that I know I'm going to eat.  I think I'm going to have to ban chips, chocolate, and regular soda from the car.  As much as I would love to come back from vacation with a loss, I will definitely settle for no gain. 

Hopefully something will inspire me at the meeting tomorrow, and hopefully the scale smiles down upon me.

1 comment:

  1. Working out in the car is difficult, but while you're in each town, it'd be easy to look up a nearby gym and most gyms offer 7-day guest passes that you could use to go work out while you're there. That's what I did on my last vacation when I went to visit my boyfriend in D.C. (I know, working out while on a vacation is like, the LAST thing you want to do, but sometimes you've gotta do what you've gotta do!)

    I don't know how strict of a schedule you guys will be on, but on a drive from Kansas to NC, there's probably plenty of nice areas where you could even stop and just get out and take a walk or something for half an hour or so...you could always use it when you've been cooped up in a car most of the day anyway!

    ReplyDelete