Sunday, January 23, 2011

Goals For Week 3

If you're like me, you like to taste things.  One bit here, a lick there.  We don't really thing about or pay attention to those little bites when we're trying to lose weight.  We think, "It's just a little bite, those calories don't count."  Well, let me tell you, those little bites, licks, and tastes add up, and depending on the type of food, add up fast!

Last night the whole family went to The Melting Pot for my birthday.  I had already planned on throuroughly enjoying myself and indulging in all of the yummy food.  I pulled the menu up online and started entering all of the different yummy things I was going to eat into my food tracker.  Most of the things were 1-2 ounces each and had low point values.  I was getting really excited.  Once I put the final item of food into my tracker, I looked at the points total for dinner.  It came to 47.  I get 49 bonus points for the entire week.  Two ounces of chicken for 2 points, plus 2 slices of bread for 2 points, plus 2 ounces of shrimp for 2 points, plus, plus plus.  It all adds up.  I had never really paid much attention to my little bites until seeing it on paper last night.  Which brings me to goal number 1 for this week.

Goal #1 - track every little morsel that goes into my mouth.  Even if it's just a small bite of something off of Kevin's plate, or picking up that piece of food that fell out of the pan and onto the counter, it's going in my points tracker.

Goal #2 - take all of my meds, every day.  This sounds like a gimme goal, but for me, it'll be a struggle.  I'm on 4 different meds that I have to take at different times of the day.  One med I have to take 3 times a day and normally I only get 2 of those 3 pills in. 

Goal #3 - get in all of my good health guidlines every day.  This one is kind of a carry-over from last week.  This includes getting at least 6 glasses of water, 5 fruits and/or veggies, 2 servings of dairy, 2 servings of healthy oil, take a multi-vitamin, and get 30 minutes of activity a day. 

Goal #4 - park a level down in the garage at work and take the stairs.  This is just one more way to get a little more movement in every day.

So far this lifestyle change hasn't been too hard to handle and I'm excited to see what this week has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment