Saturday, January 29, 2011

Making It Work

What an awesome weigh in...5.2 pounds gone, 74.8 pounds go to.  I got my first 5 pound sticker at meeting this morning.  This really does seem doable!  I was down 2 pounds this week.  Not too shabby for it being my birthday week, and all of the food that went along with it.  I swear it was Wednesday night at water aerobics that did the trick.  It makes it kind of ironic that we talked about getting in more activity today at meeting.

The challenge issued for this week is to move for at least 10 minutes every day in whatever way feels fun.  I definitely think that will go on the hot pink goal chart for this week.  I know I'm going to get a lot of activity in tomorrow. My house needs cleaned desperately! I can't wait until spring when I can start taking the dogs for walks again. Our puppy definitely needs the exercise. It's been hard for her to be couped up this winter, but with all the snow and ice on the sidewalks it's hard to get out.  I've resorted to chasing her around the first floor of the house. :)

I am determined this week to not let the snow derail me from getting to the gym.  We are supposed to get a bunch of crappy weather from Monday through Wednesday.  I'm sure I'll be shoveling at least one of those nights, depending on when it changes over from rain to snow.  I don't care if it takes me over an hour to get there, I am going to water aerobics this Wednesday.  I'm absolutely hooked!

The two other things going on my goal chart for this week is taking all of my meds and getting all of my water in every day.  I didn't do so well on either front last week and I really noticed a difference in how I felt.  I've been tired, sluggish, and just generally not feeling well. 

It constantly amazes me how energized I am after going to meeting on Saturdays.  I've finally realized that I have a completely dysfunctional relationship with food.  Weight Watchers is my therapy and I'm thankful every day that I decided to go back!  I can't wait to make this week work :)

2 comments:

  1. You have inspired me get back in the g.ym Congrats on your first sticker and good luck this week.

    ReplyDelete