Friday, January 28, 2011

Three Weeks Down, A Lifetime To Go!

Well, I've completed 3 weeks of my new lifestyle. I think it's starting to stick...somewhat. I've noticed that I haven't been craving the really bad, fatty foods quite as much anymore, but at the same time I'm finding my current diet a little bland. I've been eating a lot of the same foods every day and I'm kind of getting sick of it. I need to mix things up a bit.
I did find some new recipes to try out for dinner so I'm excited about that. First up on the menu is individual chicken pot pies. I will report back on how it tastes after I make them next week. I also found recipes for potato chowder, spaghetti with meat sauce, and a citrus-garlic marinated pork loin. If I find something really good I will definately share.
Meanwhile, I really need to come up with some new breakfast and lunch ideas.  Almost every morning I eat turkey sausage links.  I'm pretty much ok with breakfast.  Lunches vary, but I've been eating out a lot. While I've managed to stay within my points doing this, I know I could be making better food choices.  Lunch is tough.  I've eaten so many frozen diet meals in my life that there are very few that I can stand any more.  I'm not a big fan of canned soup either, and sandwiches get really old, really quick.  Leftovers from the night before aren't an option either, because we make a big batch of whatever for dinner and then eat the left overs the next few days for dinner.  Maybe we should rethink the way we do dinner.  I just don't want our food costs to go up astronomically.  Food is getting more expensive anyway, I really don't want to have to buy more. 
In addition to finding new things to eat, I need to find new things to do for work-outs.  I went to water aerobics on Wednesday night for the first time in probably 10 years and had an absolute blast!  I am really sore today from it, but I like this kind of pain.  Unfortunately, I can only make it to 1 class a week.  I wish there was a way that I could make it to the Tuesday and Thursday classes at 9am, but with work, that's out of the question.  I need to find another class or something.  Just going to the gym and doing cardio and/or weights is really boring.  I have decided that I'm going to start doing my Couch to 5k program again.  It'll be awesome once I get done with that and can actually run for 45 minutes at a time.  But I need something fun to build some muscle.  I miss my personal trainer.
One small victory to note this week. Shortly after I started Weight Watcher's I had Kevin take my measuerments, arms, chest, waist, and legs. I am happy to report that since the first measuerments were taken I've lost a total of 5 and a half inches!
Tomorrow morning is weigh-in.  I know I'm going to be down, but I'm not making any predictions as to how much.  We'll just all have to be surprised!

1 comment:

  1. I believe in you! I, too, abandoned my couch to 5k program because my bp would get so high I would come close to passing out after only 3 laps of walking/running. So this summer I would just walk 5-6 miles every morning on the streets around 5:00 AM and be back home before Stephen got up for work. We are awaiting our tread climber so we can at least walk inside. I have a bowflex in the basement gathering dust. You are inspiring me to do better. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete