Saturday, January 22, 2011

Week 3

This morning was weigh-in.  By the time I got on the scale at the meeting it said I'd lost .8 pounds since last week.  Not quite what I was expecting, but it was a loss!  So far I've lost 3.2 pounds, so that means I have 76.8 pounds to go. I'm still above my 1lb a week average so I'm happy.  I know it was not getting in my waters on Thursday and Friday that caused the smaller than expected loss.

So I'm starting off week 3 with a bang!  Tonight is my birthday dinner at The Melting Pot.  We figured, hey, you only turn 30 once right?  Why not do it up big?  The most awesome thing is, I can totally work this into my lifestyle without counting it as a cheat!  I went through the menu we are looking at having for tonight and entered everything into the Weight Watcher's website.  Granted, I am going to be using almost all of my bonus points for the week during dinner tonight, but I'm still within my points!  I don't have an ounce of guilt about what I'm going to be eating.  Now, I'm going to have to make really good food choices during the rest of the week, as well as up the activity, but I love that I can have this splurge.

It was very appropriate that we talked about "eating in the real world" at meeting this morning, given what we're doing for dinner tonight. The key to successful weight loss is not feeling deprived.  If you diet in such a regimented way that you are either "on program" or "off program" you are not going to succeed.  Well, you may succeed in meeting your goal weight, but you aren't going to stay there.  No one can eat like that for the rest of their lives.  You have to learn to be flexible.  You have to set realistic goals for yourself.  You can eat "naughty" foods, as long as you do so in moderation.  Do I go eat a full spread at The Melting Pot, or any other restaurant for that matter, all the time?  Absolutely not.  But tonight's splurge isn't going to derail my journey.

Tomorrow I will discuss the goals I've set for myself this week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment