Sunday, February 13, 2011

Just Let It Go

It's been almost a week since my 80 point binge.  I gained 0.4 pounds this past week.  It put me in a funk yesterday.  I only gained less than a half a pound, which given everything I ate last week, is pretty darn good, but I hate seeing that gain on the scale.  Today, I decided that I need to just let it go.  I can't stew about that bad day anymore, and I can't stew about the gain either.  What's done is done, and I need to refocus on this moment and what I can do right for next week's weigh-in. 

I'm finding that this lifestyle change is more about attitude than anything else.  Attitude can make you or break you.  When I'm in a funk, all I want is salty, fatty, greasy foods, and I will eat everything in sight.  When I'm in a good mood, and have the righ attitude, I can't wait until I can have an apple or a sugar free pudding.  When I'm in a funk, I don't care if I go over my daily points and dip into my weeklies.  When I'm in a good mood, I do everything I can to make sure that I get to eat as much as I can with only my 31 daily points. 

Instead of thinking about and focusing on my screw ups and bad days, I need to celebrate in my good days and achievements.  I've decided to do that this week.  So far, so good.  Yesterday I earned 14 activity points by cleaning my mom's house, and walking around the remodeling show.  Today, I earned 12 activity points by walking 6 miles round trip for breakfast/lunch.  Now, both days I have dipped into my weekly points allowance, so that's something I need to work on, but getting the extra activity definately helps. 

So far I'm up to 26 activity points for the week.  I only have 23 left to earn to make my challenge for this week.  That's completely doable.  Tomorrow they will be earned by grocery shopping and putting said groceries away.  Not to mention I have a bunch of laundry to do.  I LOVE that housework counts!  Tuesday will probably be earned by more laundry and some fitness games on the Kinect.  Wednesday of course is water aerobics, and I think Thursday will be taking the puppy for a walk.  It's supposed to be almost 70 here on Thursday. 

My goal for this week is to maintain my positive attitude so that I can earn those extra activity points, and have a big gain at the end of the week!

1 comment:

  1. Are you sure you didn't mean to say a Big Loss at the end of the week? lol. I read an article on Web MD that was all about weight being in our heads. It was about this exact thing that you just blogged. Most, if not all, of the time the reason we have so much trouble loseing weight lies between our ears. If we can get control over that we can get control over our food. Kudos to you that you are doing so well and that you are so willing to share what you are learning along the way with others.

    ReplyDelete