Monday, February 7, 2011

No Good, Horrible, Awful, Rotten Day

Today was probably the worst day I've had since joining Weight Watcher's.  My roomie at work suggested we go to 5 Guys Burger and Fries for lunch.  A little cheese burger and half an order of fries is 23 points.  I get 31 in a day.  That's a lot of points for 1 meal, but do-able.  I had 9 points for breakfast, dinner should have been 6, so I was going to dip into my weeklys, but that's ok, it's totally worth it for 5 Guys.

But then, I got a Kit Kat while we were at Target.  Ok, so a few more weeklys, still not a huge deal.  Then I got home from work, and the hubby brought home an xBox360 with the new Kinect.  Well, that prompted us to run to Best Buy to pick up EA Active 2, and Zumba Fitness.  Hey, I'm getting work-out games, that's good right?  Well, Kevin said something about getting a Kit Kat while we were at Best Buy and I gave in.  they are my weekness.

Then we went to Jason's Deli for dinner because I was starving.  I figured a half of a Plain Jane potato couldn't be that bad, maybe 15 points (I had already resigned myself to the fact that I would be using all of my weeklys today).  Well, upon looking at the nutritional information on Jason's Deli website, I see that my half a potato had 75 grams of fat.  That's as far as I've gotten.  I don't know how many points it was.  I don't care at this point.  It's a pretty safe assumption that I have no weeklys left, and I'd be lucky to have any of the 16 activity points I've earned left.

Ok, so I just calculated the points on that potato, it was 32 points.  I could have had a way better sandwich and soup for that.  Ugh.  Jason's Deli is off my list of places to eat.  I have now eaten 80 points today, have no weeklys left, and only 2 of the 16 activity points I earned this weeked.  I didn't even eat this many points the day we went to The Melting Pot for my birthday.    *sigh*

I now realize why I am fat though.  I used to eat like this all the time and think nothing of it.  I really want to cry right now.  But that won't do me any good.  What I need to do is have a smart plan for the rest of the week.  I need to leave today behind...everyone has these bad days once in a while...and move on.  One thing my Weight Watchers leader always stressed is that Weight Watchers doesn't ask you to be perfect.  No one can ever be perfect on a weight loss journey.    Thank goodness I got those fitness games tonight. 

5 comments:

  1. The words Kit Kat should not be allowed to pass Kevin's lips EVERY AGAIN... That being said, today happened... write it off and get back at it tomorrow. I'm joining WW tomorrow so I'll be right there with ya!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, you aren't perfect, but you aren't a quitter, either. I think you're courageous and very inspirational to me. I can't thank you enough for sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, I love reading your blogs because you are so real and down to earth. We all have bad days. You have the right attitude, tomorrow is a new day with new choices. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Sarah - Yeah!!! Congrats on starting your own journey. If you're going to sign up for the e-Tools let me know. I'll have to look you up on there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joined tonight. Need to call customer service tomorrow so I can get set up for e-tools. Have to admit... doubt I'll get to what they show as "healthy weight" for me. I'll be thrilled to get 1/2 way from here to there....

    ReplyDelete