Sunday, February 6, 2011

I'm Back!

I can't believe I haven't blogged in almost a week!  Last week was just awful.  Work was crazy, we got a ton of snow and I was actually snowed in on Wednesday, the puppy had to go to the vet, and I had to get the house cleaned for a dinner party that I had on Saturday night.  Oh, and I ate horribly.  I was hungry all week, and I wanted everything that was bad for me.  In a way, the snow was a blessing, because the 2 and a half hours of shoveling probably saved my weigh-in. 

I am happy to report that I lost 2 pounds this past week!  I am now down a total of 7.2 pounds in 4 weeks.  That only leaves 72.8 pounds left to lose.  To some of you that might seem like an impossible task, to me, that number sounds completely doable.  The first min-goal I had set for myself was to lose 5% of my starting weight.  The first week I weighed in, I weighed 210.4 pounds.  That would put 5% at around 11 pounds.  Satuday I weighed in at 203.2.  I only have 4 more pounds to lose before I hit my 5%.  I would love to lose all of that this week, but I don't think my body will do that.  I'm shooting for 2 pounds this week and 2 pounds next week. 

This week my big goal is to move more.  Last week I earned 32 activity points, but those were for 1 day of cleaning the house and 2 and a half hours of shoveling.  The rest of the week I was really sedentary.  This week I'm going to make use of my Wii and I'm definately going to water aerobics on Wednesday night.  Other than that it will be business as usual this week. 

Oh, I have a recipe to share...Apple Struesel Cupcakes
  • 1 box spice cake mix
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
  • 3 egg whites
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
  • 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
  1. Mix cake mix, water, apple sauce, egg whites, and oil with an electric mixer until just mixed.
  2. Stir in apples.
  3. Divide mixture evenly to make 18 cup cakes
  4. Top each cupcake with 1 teaspoon of brown sugar.
  5. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Yields 18 cupcakes, 161 calories each (or 4 Points Plus)

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Quick tip: 3 tablespoons = 1/4 cup, so 1/2 cup packed brown sugar for this recipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! 4 pounds to first goal! Awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip Norman! I'm so bad at measurement conversion. I just scooped 1 teaspoon out of my brown sugar canister for each cupcake :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just rediscovered our Wii fit yesterday...it was kinda fun :)

    ReplyDelete