Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Spin-Dip Chicken Roll-Ups

I can't believe it's almost been a week since I last blogged.  I guess I just haven't had a whole lot that inspired me to share.  I did lose 2.6 pounds last week, which was a huge victory for me.  It felt really good coming off a .4 gain.  What prompted me to blog tonight is a new recipe I just had to share. 

A few weeks ago the idea for stuffed chicken breasts popped into my head, so I decided to try it out for dinner tonight.  The idea was to make spinach dip and roll it up in chicken breasts.  It turned out fantastic!  The hubs actually gave me kudos.  For those of you who may not know, I'm not the best cook.  I can follow a recipe out of the Betty Crocker Cookbook perfectly and it'll taste like pooh.   These were wonderful!  They are so rich and indulgent it feels like you're cheating, but you're not!

Spin-Dip Chicken Roll-Ups - serves 8

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 8 4 ounce pieces
8 ounces Weight Watchers cream cheese                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
8 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup chopped spinach (fresh or frozen)
3 tablespoons minced garlic (fresh or bottled)
Season salt

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.  Pound out the chicken breasts until about 1/4 inch thick.
3.  In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, parmesan cheese, spinach, and garlic, until evenly mixed.  Spread the mixture evenly over the chicken breasts.  Roll up the chicken breasts and secure with toothpicks.
4.  Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray and transfer chicken breasts.  Top chicken breasts with seasoned salt.
5.  Bake 30-40 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.

Each serving is 260 calories, or 6 points plus for my WW peeps. 

1 comment:

  1. mmmmm.... May have to try this while the hubby is out of town... THey sound really good!

    ReplyDelete