Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Putting On Your Big-Girl, or Boy, Panties

Today was just one of those days.  I was extremely groggy this morning and had a very hard time waking up and getting out of bed.  Work was just odd today.  I wasn't really busy per say, but I had a bunch of different stuff going on.  I never did feel like I woke up, and I was hungry all day.  The last thing I wanted to do after work was go to water aerobics.  I was trying to think up all kinds of excuses, that ranged from I'm tired, to I have too much to do at home, to my ankle hurts.  My biggest excuse was I didn't want to be sore because that could potentially affect my weigh-in on Saturday.  But at 5pm I decided that I needed to put on my big-girl panties and go to water aerobics.

Unlike last week, I'm not dying of pain tonight.  I think I actually had a harder workout this week, so I'm kind of shocked.  We'll see what tomorrow brings.  But I digress...I am so glad that I put on those big-girl panties and went because I feel fantastic tonight.  I'm alert, I'm feeling good, and yes, I'm even feeling skinny :). 

I had some time to reflect on the way home tonight, and I realized, that I've been making excuses for the last 10 years.  I still find myself making excuses.  I'm too tired, I have too much to do at home, I don't want to leave the hubby home with the puppy, I'll go tomorrow, the roads are bad, I'll do it later, I don't look that bad, my husband loves me anyways, I'm bored, I don't know what to do, I don't feel like cooking, I want chinese food NOW, there is no food in the house, blah, blah, blah - these are all of the common excuses for not working out, not trying to lose weight, binging, etc.  I've even used medical issues as the excuse for not losing weight.  Granted, a certain medical condition can make it harder to lose weight, but by no means does it prevent it. 

Well, today, the excuses end.  No more.  The more I work out the more energy I will have.  The dishes can wait.  The puppy can survive without me.  If I go today too I get more activity points.  If I can get out of my driveway I'm going; if not I'm shoveling.  There is no later, only now.  I'm fat, I need to deal with that, and I'm sure even though my husband loves me he wouldn't mind me looking better.  I have an app with hundreds of different work outs.  The hubby can cook.  Chinese food isn't going to disappear over night.  There's a grocery store around the corner.  These are the answers to my excuses. 

The mental shift starts today.  No more whining and making excuses.  From this day forward, the big-girl panties stay on for good!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you never cease to amaze and inspire me. I love you with all my heart Jenny!

    ReplyDelete