Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Flexibility

I finally figured out why I like Weight Watchers so much better than any other diet I've ever been on.  I LOVE the flexibility it provides me.  This truely is a diet that doesn't feel like a diet.

Take today for instance.  For breakfast I had a can of Spaghettio's with Meatballs.  Yes, it was a kindergarten morning.  That was 10 points.  For lunch, I had a #1 combo from Taco Bell, which included a taco supreme and beef burrito supreme.  That was 16 points.  For dinner I had a salad that consisted of steak, tomatoes, grilled onions, gorgonzola cheese, and balsamic vinagrette.  That was 4 points (less than an ounce of cheese and I barely used any of the dressing).  For desert I had a Kit Kat for 6 points.  My grand total for the day was 36 points.  Now, I only get 30 in a day, but I had 7 of my weeklies left.

How many people do you know that can eat like that on a diet?  Can I eat like that every day?  Well, if I didn't eat the Kit Kat I could.  But generally speaking, no.  But that's the awesomeness of Weight Watchers.  It allows you to eat those so-called "bad" foods when you want/need to, without feeling the least bit guilty about it.  Because of the points system it also provides a good "check yourself" mechanism, that doesn't allow you to go overboard.  Well, you can go overboard, but then you're "off program".  I just love the fact that absolutely no food is forbidden.

I've met a lot of people who do Weight Watchers who eat mostly healthy foods - lots of fruit and veggies, lean protein, reduced fat dairy - and that's awesome for them if they can do it.  That's just not me.  I enjoy my fatty, greasy, carby foods.  I have what most would consider a "cheat" food daily, and that's what works for me.

I love Weight Watchers!

3 comments:

  1. You can eat your junk food and loose it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could not have said it better myself! Plus.... Excited to hear that a #1 at Taco Bell is only 16 points!!!! Woo Hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete