Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Playing Catch Up

Sorry for the lack of posting in recent days.  I've been terribly busy.  Here's one I started on Sunday but didn't get a chance to finish and post.

"So I was up at this week's weigh-in.  It was only 0.4 pounds, but I still didn't like to see it.  I think most of it was due to stress.  I ate the same way that I usually do.  I even earned a few more activity points than normal.  I was retaining water like crazy as well.  I think a lot of that had to do with the high temps we had at the beginning of the week.

I went back and forth as to wether or not I wanted to start reducing the amount of weeklies that I eat and see if that makes a difference on the scale next week.  I have decided that I'm going to keep doing what I've been doing to see if this week was a fluke or if I'm trending. 

Today I proved to myself that I can eat brunch out without blowing my points.  Today was my dad's birthday, and he wanted to go to brunch at M&S Grill as his birthday meal.  We've been for brunch before, and it's really good.  I was a bit worried going into it this morning, but I went in with a plan.  They always have really good fresh fruit, as well as peel and eat shrimp.  We were seated right next to that table, so I decided I would start there.  I loaded up my first plate with a bunch of fruit, some shrimp, as well as a salad.  I used just a smidge of their caesar dressing.  The entire plate was 3 points.  I knew that if I ate this stuff first I wouldn't eat as much of the hot stuff.  As for hot food, I had about an ounce and a half of ham, 2 slices of bacon, 1 poached egg, about a 1/4 cup of potatoes, and 3 ounces of tilapia for 8 points.  So far I'm at an 11 point brunch.  For one meal on a special occasion, that's not bad at all.  What killed me was the 4 point bloody mary and the 8 point red velvet cupcake.  But I thouroughly enjoyed both of them."

This week is off to a much better start.  I've been extra hungry this week, which happens sometimes.  It's been a struggle to stick to my points, but the scale is moving down.  I hit a new low on my scale at home this morning which made me really happy.  I'm hoping that all of the activity points I earned over the weekend by walking will pay off.  We leave for vacation in 3 and a half weeks and I really want to hit my 10% before we go.  I'm going to miss 2 weigh-ins while we're gone and my goal is to just maintain.  I'll be super happy if I actually lose over vacation.  Since we're spending some time in Washington, D.C., I know I'll get a lot of walking in, which should help.  But, in the 9 days that we're gone, 4 and a half of those will be spent in the car, which can be really dangerous.  Any ideas for car friendly, point friendly snacks would be much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment