Friday, May 20, 2011

It's Official, I Can't Eat As Much

So, I'm thinking that the fact that I was up last week was no fluke.  It really does look like I'm going to need to cut back on eating all of my weekly points.  This makes me sad, mostly because it means I'm going to have to find a way to trim points off of my favorite Saturday morning breakfast.  I'm not quite sure what to expect on the scale tomorrow morning.  I've been down, and then back up this week.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Since it looks like this week is not going to be a scale victory, I'm going to focus on the non-scale victories that I've had.  All of the sudden I'm finding that a lot of my clothes are way too big.  I pulled out all of my summer clothese from last year and had to get rid of a bunch of them because they just hang on me.  And stuff that was tight last year fits great this year.  I've found a whole new wardrobe.  Hopefully I can make these clothes last through this entire summer, because I can't afford to buy a new summer and winter wardrobe. 

I also earned 39 activity points this week.  I did a lot of walking over last weekend, and I've been doing a bunch of stuff around my house this week.  Last night I spent 2 hours organizing clothes and putting them away, plus hauling things up and down the stairs.  I joined a challenge on the  Weight Watchers website called Spring Cleaning.  The whole premise of the challenge is the fact that often we get sick of exercising because we don't see immediate results.  Well, if we focus on getting our activity in by doing projects around the house, we still earn our activity points, but also get the immediate gratification of seeing a change.  My master bedroom looks much better this morning than it did when I got home from work last night. 

I'll update you on how weigh-in goes tomorrow morning.  Maybe something miraculous will happen over night?  I can dream, right?

2 comments:

  1. I love when I find 'new' items that have been hiding in my closet... It's a great feeling! Good luck in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL ... I've resorted to pulling things out of other peoples closets as needed because there isn't much to "shrink" into in my closet.

    You're doing great Jen ... keep going!!!

    ReplyDelete