Sunday, May 1, 2011

Keep Moving

Today, being the first day of May, I knew I needed to earn some activity points.  I saw this morning that I tracked food, activity, and good health guidlines for 20 days in April, a new high for me.  This month I'm going for 30 days, and I seem to be well on my way. 

My husband and I decided to walk to breakfast this morning.  Like I've said before, I'll do almost anything for a free meal.  Well, then I decided that I was going to do my C25K on the way down.  It was a really tough run.  By the half way mark I was ready to quit.  I think part of it was because I hadn't eaten breakfast yet.  I did eat an apple about half an hour before we left but it just wasn't enough.  I managed to make it all the way through the session, thanks to my husband running beside me.  And then I decided to treat myself by ordering potatoes with breakfast instead of fruit :)

We managed to keep a pretty good pace on the way home, and even ran 1 very small section.  I earned 8 activity points before noon today, and that's a good feeling.  The only downside to my run is the fact that I inhaled so much pollen through my mouth that I'm having massive allergy attacks today and just generally feel miserable. 

Tomorrow is an off-day for the Royals so I've got all evening to earn my 1 activity point.  I think I'm going to try to do week 1 day 3 for C25K, but we'll see how I'm feeling.  I'm actually really sore tonight.  If I can't run, I'm definately taking the dog for a walk around the track.

1 comment:

  1. Good job with the tracking! My favorite quote from a meeting a couple weeks ago was "Only track on the days that you want to lose weight." Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete