Sunday, May 22, 2011

Ugh!

Well, I was down this weekend.  It was only 0.6, but down is down, right?  That makes my weight-loss to date 17.2 pounds.  I just looked at my stats, and in the last 4 weeks I've only lost a total of a pound and a half.  Obviously this does not make me happy.  On Friday I went back and did some research.  I took a look at the last week I lost 2 pounds which was the beginning of April.  I had eaten the same amount of points during that 2 pound week as I had this past week.  During the 2 pound week I only earned half of the activity points that I earned last week.  This made me go, "huh?"  Then I looked at what I ate.  During the 2 pound week, I ate a lot of fatty foods.  It must have been a week when we had a lot of ballgames, because probably half of my diet was ballpark food.  This last week, even though I had eaten the same amount of points, just about everything was very healthy.  That made me decide to eat a meatball sub and some buffalo ranch fries at the stadium.  I'm not entirely sure if it was brilliant, or stupid, but I lost weight between Friday morning and Saturday morning. 

This week is off to a good start.  Granted, I've used most of my weeklies already, but I've also earned 17 activity points so far.  I'm going to up my fat intake a bit this week, as well as eat at least half of my activity points if I earn at least 30.  That has always worked for me in the past.

I'm 19 weeks into this journey, so it's possible I could be hitting my first plateau.  If this week isn't a big weight-loss week, I think I'm going to start doing strength training again.  Since I seem to be stuck anyways, why not build up some lean muscle?  That will at least up my metabolism, and I know eveneutally the scale will start moving again.

Starting Weight: 210.4
Current Weight: 193.2
Weight Lost: 17.2
Next Goal: 193 (Pre-Jamaica weight)

1 comment:

  1. The frustration of trying to figure out what works is way to familiar. You are doing great and don't give up!

    ReplyDelete