Sunday, April 10, 2011

3 Months Down - A Lifetime to Go

I've been doing Weight Watchers for 3 monhts now as of Friday.  I had a really good weigh-in on Saturday.  While I'm really excited, I need to do it 2 weeks in a row.  I've been gaining and losing the same three pounds since the end of February.  As of April 9th, I've lost 12.6 pounds.  I'm officially out of the 200's which makes me really happy!  Current weight: 197.8.  My goal for this whole thing was to average a pound a week.  I'm .4 off of that pace.  I can totally live with that.  I have also officially hit my 5%, meaning I've lost 5% of my starting weight.  As you know, I'm a huge fan of stickers and I got a nice, big 5% one today. :)  That was my first goal.  As my reward I'm getting my nails done on Monday.

My next goal is to hit my 10% which is 21 pounds.  I only have 8.4 pounds to go before I hit that.  I'm still working on what my reward for that will be.  I'm open to all ideas and suggestions.  I'm toying with the idea of a massage or massage/pedi, but I don't know. 

I am sad to report that the 5k training hasn't started yet.  Apparently I did something to my foot about a week and a half ago, and today is the first day that it hasn't hurt 24/7.  I don't know if it's a stress fracture, if I just sprained it, or what, but it hasn't been fun.  The only way I've been able to walk without pain is in 6 inch heels.  I'm pretty sure I can't run a 5k in those!  I have a doctor appointment on Tuesday to have it looked at, but if it's still feeling this good come Monday morning, I may cancel.  I have until August 14th to be able to run 3.1 miles, I don't think a week and a half late start is really going to throw me off too badly.  I'm going to take it easy on the foot until water aerobics on Wednesday.  Hopefully after that I can start my running regimine. 

I'm actually going to be walking in a 5k in May.  Weight Watcher's is doing the 3rd annual Walk-It Challenge on National 5k day.  They are sponsoring a 5k here in Kansas City.  You don't have to be a Weight Watcher's member to walk in it.  If you're interested, let me know.  If you want to come out and show your support, that's great too.  Being that my husband and I walk 6 miles round trip to breakfast (or for a cupcake) a lot of weekends I don't think walking a 5k is going to be a big deal.  I did tell my husband though that he needs to be waiting at the finish line for me with a red velvet cupcake!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to you! I've been crazy busy, but wanted to check up on your progress. Slow and steady is a great way to succeed. I call it the 3S's (slow +steady=success). You are looking great in your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen! This is Holly from your WW meetings Saturday mornings. You should do the 5K on Mother's Day at Corporate Woods! A few of my girlfriends & I will be walking that one. I'm also doing the May 22nd WW walk in challenge! Let me know if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete