Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Few Random Thoughts

I know it's been a while since I've blogged.  Last week was not a good week.  Despite eating completely on plan and doing my routine exercise, I gained 1.2 pounds.  Since the end of February I've netted a 1 pound gain.  I cried on my way to Weight Watcher's on Saturday morning because I didn't want to weigh in.  I started thinking and the only thing that had changed was the fact that I had quit smoking.  Now, I'm hesitant to even admit this on here, but I'm smoking again.  I was at my wit's end.  I decided at this point that mentally it's more important for me to get the weight off than to be smoke free.  So far it's actually working, which is kind of sad.  But at this point I'll take what I can get.

So far baseball season is treating me pretty good.  I was really good on Thursday and Friday.  I didn't have any ballpark food.  I gave in on Saturday and Sunday, but only because that's when I use a majority of my extra points for the week.  By the way, ballpark food has come a long ways in the last decade.  Kauffman now offers a phenominal meatball sub.  That was dinner on Saturday.  Sunday consisted of an order of buffalo ranch fries.  That's a basket of french fries covered in Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing sauce and ranch dressing.  Why no one thought of that sooner is completely beyond me because it's just about the best thing on earth.  Other than that I behaved myself pretty well. 

Unfortunately, my activity level has dropped this week.  Last Thursday my foot started hurting really badly.  I'm not sure what I did to it, but unless I'm in heels I can barely walk.  I'm going to the doctor next week to have it looked at.  I'm thinking its either a stress fracture or tendon issue.  I'm eager to start training for my 5k that I'm running in August.  Someone at work said I should start running in my heels!

That's all for now...weight-in is in 2 days and I'm really anxious to see how I'm going to do!

1 comment:

  1. Did you get the article I sent you about smoking and metabolism?

    ReplyDelete