Saturday, April 30, 2011

No More Fat-Girl Stores!

It's official.  I no longer have to shop at the fat-girl stores.  I guess now it's safe to cut up my Lane Bryant card.  My mom and I went shopping today.  It's really the first time I've tried on clothes since I started WW 17 weeks ago.  I'm down 16.2 pounds as of this morning.  We went to Marshall's and I started to find all kinds of cute clothes, but the biggest the pants went was a 14, and the tops only went to an extra large.  I grabbed some 14's knowing I had a shot at getting them buttoned.  Then I was really brave and grabbed a couple of the extra large shirts I liked.  Even when I was in high school I had a hard time finding tops that fit correctly because the good Lord blessed me with a more than ample chest. 

Anyways, I headed to the fitting room, strangely confident.  I put on the first pair of 14 pants, and low and behold, they buttoned without much hassel.  Then they zipped...and I could still breath!!!  Granted, they would be more comfortable in about 4 or 5 more pounds, but I could totally pull them off.  Then I tried the shirt.  Amazingly, it fit as well, and looked good!  I couldn't believe it!  I think I was yelling at my mom in the fitting room because I was so excited.  The top was a flowy, sleeveless pull-over made out of a fabric that was cut on the bias, so there was no give at all.  I found 4 things I really liked, but couldn't afford all of them.  I couldn't decide which 1 piece I wanted so I didn't get anything.  In hindsight, I think I should have bought the gray top.  I have the perfect little shrug to go with it too.  Oh well. 

I'm having a hard time remembering when I could walk into any normal store and buy clothing that fit and looked good.  Right now most of my wardrobe consists of items from Lane Bryant or Torrid.  Granted, they are both great stores, but I have always hated to have to shop there.  It's very limiting.  I think I need to start putting away $5 for every pound I lose so I can buy some new clothes. 

Last week I was in a big time funk.  I blame a lot of it on the weather.  My head really wasn't in the game and I got really complaicent with my tracking.  I also didn't earn very many activity points.  The weather is finally starting to get better and I'm determined to make this a better week.

I have a goal for the month of May.  On the Weight Watchers website, you can earn "trophies" for tracking different things.  If you track food, log activty, and track good health guidlines (how much water you drank, how many fruits/veggies you ate), you can earn trophies.  The key is you have to track all 3 on a given day to earn a trophy.  The biggest one I've gotten is for tracking all 3 for 15 days during the month.  My goal for May is to earn the 30 day trophy.  I always track my food and my good health guidlines.  My problem is, I don't earn activity points every day.  So for May, I need to earn a minimum of 1 activity point every day.  Tomorrow shouldn't be a problem because me and the hubby are walking 6 miles round-trip for breakfast. 

This is going to be a good week!

1 comment:

  1. That is so exciting Jen!!!! I wish I could give you a hug but it's kinda hard from Texas.

    ReplyDelete