Sunday, March 13, 2011

The First Good Weekend

Today could have gone really badly in the eating department.  If I don't have a plan, I get myself in trouble.  Today, I was without a plan.

I knew that we were planning on going to see my mother-in-law at the hospital today, but what was up in the air was whether or not we were taking my father-in-law out to lunch, and if so, where we would be eating.  I had a really low point breakfast and lunch.  Each were only 4 points.  That left me with 23 points for the rest of the day.  You can eat out pretty easily on that many points. 

We ended up not taking my father-in-law to lunch; more like he refused to go.  But we still went out for a late lunch/early dinner.  We ended up at Dean and Deluca.  I LOVE this place!  We don't get to eat there very often because it's on the complete opposite side of town.  They do made to order sandwiches and salads, and they have a huge desert case.  They also have things that you can take home and heat up like chicken parm, eggplant parm, baked cod, crab cakes...you name it, they have it.  Well, now they have a burger bar.  They had a delicious looking Cuban sandwich sitting on the counter.  I decided I was going to have that, but only eat half of it.  They also had paremsean fries, so me and the hubs split an order of those.  Half the sandwich was 12 points and the fries were 6.  All in all, not too shabby for some really good, indulgent food.  But then we went by the desert counter.  They had these gorgeous vanilla, buttercream cupcakes.  I'm a sucker for buttercream.  Since Kevin was getting a brownie I decided to get a cupcake.  Thank God the icing was so rich and the cupccake so terribly bad that I only took 2 bites.  That was 3 points.  So dinner was a total of 21 points.  Woo hoo!  That left me with 2 points.

I did end up breaking into my weeklies today.  I was actually still a bit hungry after we got home and wanted something salty so I had some chips, guac, and salsa.  I ended up going over by 5 points today, which I'm perfectly ok with.  In past weeks I would have used all of my weeklys by now, and I still have 44 of them. 

I also got in some activity points today too.  I have deemed that as long as I earn the same amount of activity points that I would earn in water aerobics, it counts as a work out.  Well, today I spent a good hour and a half doing stuff around the house.  I cooked a batch of breakfast stew, and a batch of individual chicken pot pies.  I also carried laundry upstairs, straightened up the first floor, and did the dishes.  Not to mention I think we walked about a mile round trip getting from the car to my mother-in-laws room and back to the car.  All of this earned me a solid 6 activity points, which is how many I earn for an hour of water aerobics.  Work-out number 2 for the week is complete!

I'm excited for this week.  I almost always have an easier time with my food during the week, so given how good the weekend went, I can't help but think this week is going to be spectacular!  I think this is just what I needed to get me back on track and to keep me on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment