Thursday, March 24, 2011

I'm A Sucker For A Cupcake

So the running didn't go so well last night.  I managed to only jog 2 blocks.  It was sad.  I was huffing, and puffing, and couldn't catch my breath.  My chest was on fire.  It felt like I had smoked half a pack of cigarettes while I was running.  But inspite of all of that, I still walked at a faster pace than I normally do. 

Dinner was fantastic, as always.  A yummy salad of field greens, with grilled steak, grilled onions, tomatoes, and balsamic vinagrette, and some sweet potato fries with pineapple aioli really hit the spot.  Up by the register they keep a fantastic display of yummy sweets.  The red velvet cupcake was calling my name.  It was pretty big and, unfortunately, Kevin refused to split it with me.  But there was a solution.

There is a coffee shop here in town that has the best red velvet cupcakes I've ever had in my life.  The icing tastes like vanilla ice cream, and the cake itself is very moist, but not so moist that it gums up in your mouth.  There is such a thing as a piece of cake that is too moist.  But I digress...these cupcakes at The Roasterie are fantastic, and what's even better is they have baby ones too!

We were starting on our way home from The Mixx when I decided that I really needed something sweet.  The Roasterie is 3 miles down the road, the opposite direction from the house, and there is nothing in between here and there.  I decided that it was worth walking 6 miles round trip for a red velvet cupcake from The Roasterie.  I think I'm a little bit insane.

Never in my life has a cupcake tasted so good, and it was worth every step.  What's even more exciting is the walk showed up on the scale this morning.  It's been kind of slow this week but the scale has been moving in the right direction.  Apparently a treck for a sweet was just the ticket to give it a jump start.  Now, hopefully I can keep it moving in the right direction!

1 comment:

  1. Jen, I laughed so hard! 6 miles for a cupcake is what you call dedication and being creative! So very impressed! See, you can do this!!!

    ReplyDelete