Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Well That Didn't Go So Well

This week has been a train wreck.  Well, the last week and a half has been a trainwreck really.  Let me start at the beginning.

I had a rough go of it the beginning of last week.  I was hungry all the time, and I had that stupid guacamole in the house.  I realize I'm going to have weeks where I'm hungrier than others.  I'm a woman, that's the way things go.  But instead of eating the right food, like fruits and veggies, I ate everything that was bad for me.  What's even worse, I didn't care.  By the end of last week, I wasn't tracking any of the food I was eating.

Then came Saturday, and a somewhat impromptu trip to Michigan.  I flew out at 6am.  I wasn't feeling good when I got up so I didn't eat breakfast before I left.  My breakfast consisted of Bloody Mary Mix and a small bag of peanuts on the plane on my way to Detroit.  I actually tracked that when I got to the airport.  It was 3 points, the day was off to a good start.  Then I found a food stand that actually had really good fruit cups.  I bought one of those for 0 points.  Woo hoo!  But, (there's always a but)  I got a 20 ounce bottle of regular Mountain Dew, even though they had diet.  That was another 8 points, but I had a 3 point breakfast, so not a big deal.  After I got into Grand Rapids, Dad and I went to BD's Mongolian BBQ for lunch.  That's an awesome diet-friendly place to eat.  I got my whole plate of food for 6 points, but for some odd reason I ordered a beer.  I never order beer at lunch.  So tack on a few more.  This is where the tracking ended.  After this I had a McDonald's ice cream cone, then dinner at Outback.  That's normally a 10 point meal, but I got a ceasar salad and ate some bread and butter.  Then don't forget the Kit Kat after dinner. 

After dinner Saturday we went to the grocery store to buy healthy snacks for the car ride home.  I bought some veggie packs, melon, and beef jerkey.  Granated, the veggie packs came with little cups of ranch dressing, but they were super small. 

Sunday morning started off well too.  The hotel had a great breakfast.  I had some scrambled eggs with ham and cheese, a sausage patty, and an english muffin.  I think that was around 8 or 10 points.  Again, I didn't track it.  I was even good and got a Diet Mountain Dew for the road.  On our first pit stop, all good intentions went out the window when I bought some Cheddar and Sour Cream Ruffles, a Kit Kat, and a giant dill pickle.  Ok, so the pickle isn't horrible.  Lunch consisted of grilled chicken tenders, corn, hashbrown casserole, sweet carrots, coleslaw, and half a biscuit at Cracker Barrel.  I munched on the healthy snacks, and added another bag of beef jerkey to the mix.  I was good in the fact that I didn't eat dinner after I got home, but the hubby had bought me a Kit Kat, so I ate that.    Things could have gone so well on Sunday, but I gave up all will-power.

Yesterday I ate at a Chinese buffet for lunch, and then we went out for BBQ for dinner, including 2 alcoholic beverages.  Today, I had Japanese Tepanyaki for lunch, and then we went to a brazilian steakhouse for dinner.  Oh, and another Kit Kat.

I haven't logged anything since last Thursday.  I haven't been drinking my water.  I am terrified to weigh-in on Saturday.  I'm terrified to even get on the scale in the mornings.  I don't want to see how much I've gained this weekend. 

But, tomorrow is a new day.  The bad eating and bad food situations are over.  Tomorrow is the beginning of Lent.  I'm giving up a lot this year.  But it's going to force me to focus doing the right things and making the right choices.  Ya know what?  It is what it is.  What's done is done, and now I have to make good choices and quit wallowing in the bad choices. 

No comments:

Post a Comment