Thursday, March 17, 2011

I Just Don't Get It!

I have been really, really good this week.  I've been drinking my water.  I've been eating healthy foods.  I haven't gone out to eat since Saturday night for dinner, and that was sweet potato fries!  I've only been eating my daily points, for the most part...I have dipped into my weeklies a little bit, but normally they would have been gone by Sunday or Monday night.  I've been moving too!  I got in a good walk on Saturday, water aerobics last night, and I've done a ton of house work.  I think I've only sat down to watch maybe 3 or 4 hours of TV all week.  But the scale hasn't budged one bit!  Well, it has, but it's up! (only a tiny bit though). 

I just don't get it!  I'm doing what I should.  On paper, this is the best week I've had since I joined Weight Watchers.  I was expecting to have a big loss this week since I was so bad last week and I'm being really good this week.  It makes no sense to me whatsoever. 

I'm trying not to think about the fact that this has happened to me in the past.  Every time I've ever been on Weight Watchers when I've gotten down to around the 200 mark it all goes horribly wrong.  No matter what I do or how hard I work I have a hard time breaking that mark and staying under it.  I know it's all psychological...it has to be, right?  But I really do feel like my body doesn't want to go below that mark. 

I know in my head that I just need to work the program and do what I know I should do and the scale will catch up, but it's extremely frustrating. And it's really hard to stay on track when you feel like you aren't making any progress.  I wasn't expecting my first plateau at 10 weeks. I'm kind of thinking that since my body was used to getting those weekly points every week that maybe it's not liking me eating less this week.  I know it sounds counter intuitive, but I know that can happen sometimes.  I think I've decided that I'm going to treat myself and use all 24 weekly points that I have left between today and tomorrow.  Maybe it'll work, maybe it'll backfire, but what do I have to lose as this point?

No comments:

Post a Comment