Friday, March 25, 2011

Weekly Recap

Well, if you look at my posts from the beginning of the week, you'd think it was going to be a horrible week.  In reality, it's actually ending on a pretty good note.  I didn't hit my goals this week.  I ended up eating some of my activity points, which I don't normally do, I've only drank all of my water 1 or 2 days, and I didn't earn 30 activity points.  But you know what?  I did the best I could do this week and I'm ok with that.  I think it helps that the scale finally started moving down, and not just for a day.  It's been consistently down since about Tuesday or Wednesday.  It's so much easier to stay on plan when the scale is moving in the right direction.  I don't want to jinx it, but I think I might hit my 5% goal tomorrow. 

It's been a crazy month.  There's been loads of stress, medication changes, trips, quitting smoking, changes in eating habits from not going out for lunch, unreliable weather, and a few pitty parties.  But all in all it hasn't been as terrible as I've made it out to be.  I know this isn't going to be an easy road.  There are going to be ups and downs along the way.  I just need to figure out how to better deal with the scale moving up so it doesn't send me into a tailspin.

Things are going to start getting tricky come next Thursday because the baseball season is starting.  We have season tickets for the Royals so between the end of March and the end of Septebmer we will be spending quite a lot of time at the ballpark.  Sometimes I can handle the smell of the yummy foods quite well, other times not so much.  We are allowed to take in food and water which will help, but I'm still scared.  It's also going to make working out a bit harder the weeks we have games.  Let's face it, I'm not a morning person and the likelyhood that I will get myself up and to the gym in the morning is slim.  I'm really going to have to watch my food during game weeks.  I'm also going to have to get creative with dinner's because we usually take dinner to the ballpark with us.  One good thing is they are going to be serving sweet potato fries this year which tend to be a bit healtheir than regular french fries. 

The goals for next week are going to be the same as this week:  eat my daily and weekly points but no more, drink at least 6 glasses of water a day, and earn 30 activity points.   

2 comments: