Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I "Heart" Baseball

Spring is officially upon us, and that can only mean one thing...baseball is back in town.  As some of you may know, I'm a baseball junkie.  This will be the 5th summer we've had Kansas City Royal's season tickets, and I look forward to it every year.  Yes, the Royal's aren't exactly known for having a good team, but it's still fun to be at the ballpark, no matter the outcome of the game.   Who doesn't love the sunshine on their face, America's National Pasttime, and the smell of ballpark food?

This brings me to what could possibly be on of the biggest snags in my weight-loss journey.  Since we have season tickets, that means we have tickets to 81 games this summer.  Eventually, I know the smell of the ballpark food is going to win me over.  It does every year.  The hot dogs I can actually leave alone...unless they are from Dugout Doghouse downstairs.  My favorite is the All-Star BBQ Dog, complete with brisket, coleslaw, bbq sauce, and dill pickles all on top of the hot dog.  And of course it has to be washed down with a Shiner Bock beer.  Don't forget about the chili cheese fries, the mega nacho's, and loaded tater tots either.  And now I find out that there's a new sandwich this year which includes a breaded and fried pork loin, grilled onions, and fried dill pickles, plus sweet potato fries!  Oh, and I can't forget about the Sheridan's Frozen Custard store.  This could be disasterous if I let it be disasterous.

But I have a plan.  I know, imagine, me having plan.  I don't do anything without a to-do list.  Anyways, I have a plan.  I have a plan for getting through baseball season while still losing a pound a week.  For starters, I'm also going to be training for a 5K so I'll be getting a lot more exercise.  Second, I'm going to make sure that there is always something in the fridge or freezer that's easy to heat up for dinner before games.  That will keep me from having to eat at the ballpark.  I'm also going to be taking a lot of fruit and veggies with 0 point ranch dip to the park with me.  Thank goodness they let you bring food in. 

Tomorrow is opening day, and I can't do opening day without getting something at the ballpark.  It's un-American.  But in an effort to not completely sabotage my day, my husband and I are getting up and walking 6 miles tomorrow morning.  Granted we're walking to breakfast, but it totally fits within my points for the day. 

Go Royals!

No comments:

Post a Comment