Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It's Going to be a Rough Couple of Weeks

I have found a new trigger food.  It's Wholly Guacamole 100 calorie packs.  I'm normally not a fan of guacamole.  I wouldn't even touch the stuff until we went to Jamaica last year.  While on vacation, I decided to be brave and try the guacamole.  It was fabulous!  But I hadn't been able to find anything that compared to it back in the states...until Saturday.  There are 5 packs in the box, and so far I've had 4.  It's only Tuesday.  I definately can't keep it in the house, at least not yet.  The guac in and of itself isn't bad...only 2 points.  It's the 4 points of chips I eat with it that are bad.  So no more guac for me for a while.

This coming weekend is going to be my biggest test since I started Weight Watchers in January.  I'm going out of town.  I'm flying to Michigan on Saturday morning and then riding back home with my dad on Sunday.  My flight leaves at 6am.  I can eat breakfast at home, which is good.  However, lunch and dinner on Saturday, and all 3 meals on Sunday will be eaten in restaurants.  Plus, the drive home on Sunday is going to be about 12 hours.  I have some favorite road trip foods, which includes Mountain Dew and Combos.  It's going to be hard to stay away from those while in the car.  Also, I have very little will-power when it comes to eating out.  I also feel like I have no control over where we're going to eat. 

I'm also not going to get a whole lot of activity in.  The few hours I'll actually be in Michigan will be spent either at the Hospital (visiting Grandma) or in the car.  My only hope is that the hotel has a gym and that I have the motivation to get down there and use it Saturday night.

The only good thing is I will have my phone which has a WW app on it so I can look up food values at different restaurants.  I know I can swap out the Mountain Dew for Diet, and the Combos for beef jerky.  I think we're going to take a cooler too so hopefully we can stop at a store and buy some apple slices and what-not.  I'm thinking a jar of pickles might be in order too.  They are high in sodium, but zero points!  I'll have to make sure to drink a ton of water, which will make the drive a little longer, but oh well.

Hopefully I don't blow it this weekend.  At first I thought, "Oh, I have my extra weekly points I can use, not a big deal."  But then I remember that we're going to Fogo de Chao next Tuesday for Mardi Gras.  All you can eat meat will definately require a lot of points...or I just don't eat that day :). 

I'm kind of thinking at this point, that as long as I'm down half a pound on my weigh-in on the 12th I'll be happy.  That means I've pretty much maintained through this weekend and dinner Tuesday, but I'll still hit my 5% loss. 

2 comments:

  1. Guacamole is really great with carrots! I don't do Weight Watchers, so I don't know all the points, but carrots have to be less points than chips...so maybe you could satisfy your guac cravings without the chips :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the guac on carrots tonight. I stll prefer it on chips but I could totally eat it on carrots if I was having a massive craving :) Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete